For any engineering resume, the basic structure of the resume remains the same. The changes occur only when the job profile changes. So some aspects of the resume changes. Though the parameters change, the basic way to make the resume remains the same. While preparing the resume first select the proper resume format whether it must be chronological, functional or the combination of both. Mostly the functional or the combinational format is used.
Then now decide the content to write. While writing keep in mind the following points:
These are the basic requirements while making the engineering resume. The other parameters may vary depending on the job field.
- The content of the resume must be specific. You are selling your skills and talent to the company and not yourself. So while writing, be specific. Exclude all the irrelevant information.
- The job objective you write must have the proper link with the applied job post. It must also match your qualification details.
- Remember the company is much more interested in you talent and skills and your professional outcome. So elaborate all your qualities. It must be reflected from your content.
- Make small fragments of sentences, or use paragraphs, headings, sub headings. Etc wherever required.
- Use technical action words. It leaves an impression on the reader.
- The resume must be east to read. The reader must go through it with 45 seconds. The content must not be confusing. Therefore, it is necessary to maintain the order between the content you write.
- Exclude all the grammatical, punctuation or spelling mistakes.
- Use proper font and paper while making the resume.